- About US
- Meet SRLA
- Get Involved
- Donate Here
The BIG DAY is almost here! Below is information to prepare for your SRLA Weekend!
Friday, March 17th from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday, March 18th from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
SRLA Bib Pick-Up at Expo
Friday, March 17, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday, March 18, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
The Marathon Expo will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, West Hall A on Friday, March 17 (10:00 am to 7:00 pm) and Saturday, March 18 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). The SRLA booth is #6 to the right after exiting the Skechers Performance Merchandise Store. Click here for the SRLA booth location. The expo is the pick up location for wristbands, marathon bibs, shirts, and goodie bags. Only Marathon Leaders will be able to pick up SRLA marathon bibs. SRLA marathon bibs will be distributed to runners on marathon morning. Shirts and goodie bags may be picked up by individual runners – please ask your Marathon Leader for more details. Student runners and families are encouraged to attend the Expo. More information on the Expo can be found here.
Sunday, March 19th
1. SRLA administrative staff will meet at Dodger Stadium starting at 4:30 am.
2. Groups arriving by bus (groups of 15 or more only) will be dropped off in the parking lot. The buses will not park at Dodger Stadium and will depart immediately. A security zone will be in place again this year at the start line.
3. Directions for groups and spectators traveling by car, along with start line maps, can be found here. The only gate open for vehicle access is the Golden State Gate (1850 Academy Rd). For directions to Dodger Stadium by car and security procedures, please click here.
4. Leaders will go to Group Check-In and students will proceed to the right field pavilion to meet up and take small group photos. There will be signs in place and volunteers to assist with directions.
5. SRLA will have a bag check organized by group. Please pack items into clear plastic bags. SRLA will provide trash bags and labels (about 1 bag per 15 runners). Make sure all bags are clearly marked with the group name. Bags should not be more than 40 pounds each (i.e., 30 runners = 2 bags ≤ 80 pounds total). A Marathon Leader or Chaperone can claim checked bags at Santa Monica High School. Bag check closes at 6:30 am.
6. At 6:40 am, all SRLA runners will proceed to the start line and line up near the SRLA letters. The full field start time is scheduled for 6:55 am. A group photo will be taken as the majority of SRLA runners cross the starting line.
SRLA Cheer Zones
Please join SRLA at the following locations to cheer on and support SRLA runners. We’re looking for volunteers to help set up and tear down all cheer stations.
Mile 13.4 – Sunset Blvd at Havenhurst Drive (7:00 am to 11:00 am)
Mile 22 – San Vicente Blvd near Bundy Dr. (9:30 am to 2:30 pm)
SRLA Course Checkpoints
In order to ensure the safety of our student runners and support pace expectations, SRLA will have 2 check-points on the course. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Checkpoint 1 (approximately Mile 18): SRLA student runners who arrive at Checkpoint 1 behind the last SRLA pacer at a pace slower than 16-minutes-per-mile will be picked up and transported back to the SRLA Runner Check-in area at Santa Monica High School (unless accompanied by their Marathon Leader). Student runners picked up on the course will not qualify for a Marathon finisher medal nor a SRLA finisher item.
Checkpoint 2 (approximately Mile 22): SRLA will have its usual R&R spot to cheer on and refresh runners. The aid-station is located in front of the Brentwood Presbyterian Church at 12000 San Vicente Blvd (corner of Bundy and San Vicente). This is a few blocks past the mile-22 marker on the left (south) side of the street. Student Runners who arrive at Checkpoint 2 behind the last SRLA pacer at a pace slower than 16-minutes-per-mile will be directed onto an SRLA shuttle and transported back to the SRLA Runner Check-in area at Santa Monica High School (unless accompanied by their Marathon Leader). Student Runners picked up on the course will not qualify for a Marathon finisher medal nor an SRLA finisher item.
1. The finish line of the marathon is on Ocean and California Avenues. The finisher area will stretch from California Ave to Santa Monica Blvd on Ocean Ave. For more information, click here.
2. SRLA runners will continue straight on Ocean Ave. They will then be directed to Santa Monica High School by crossing Tongva Park and taking Main St. to Olympic Dr. Runners will make a right on 4th Street and a left on Pico Blvd. Click here for directions from marathon finish area to Santa Monica High School. All runners will enter the campus on Pico Blvd. Only SRLA runners, medical personnel, administrative staff, chaperones, and volunteers will have access through the Pico Blvd. gate. Parents, family members, and spectators are not permitted to enter through the Pico Blvd gate and will be directed toward the Santa Monica High School baseball field at the 4th Street gate entrance to wait for runners before departing. Everyone will exit campus through the 4th Street gate. Click here for a Santa Monica High School marathon day campus map.
3. SRLA runners will enter Santa Monica High School, check-in, pick up a finisher sweatshirt, eat lunch, and meet up with other members from their school or group. Only Marathon Leaders, Friends of SRLA, group Chaperones, and SRLA student runners will be allowed on the campus.
4. Parents will be able to park in the area and should try to meet students at the finish line. Anyone planning on going to Santa Monica on marathon day will want to be prepared to pay for parking. To purchase parking spaces in Santa Monica in advance, click here.
5. Additional directions and parking information for Santa Monica can be found here. SRLA buses (groups of 15 or more only) are scheduled to depart between 3:00 pm and 4:30 pm.
More information for parents of SRLA runners can be found here.