Program Management Internship – June to August
The Program Management internship is designed to introduce students to all aspects of program planning and development. Our interns gain a valuable understanding of many different aspects within our program and how they all interact with one another to produce the final product.
Interns will assist with program planning, creating forms, aligning online systems with program needs, training of new and returning groups, communication with participating groups, updating web site, database management, venue and site development and so much more. They will interface with staff, coordinators, participants, and volunteers within the organization.
- Undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate interested in non-profit sector program management.
- A strong commitment and desire to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience in non-profit program management preferred – interest required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through telephone, email, and written communications.
- Self motivated with the ability to prioritize workload and to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, including flexibility, willingness to adapt to change and attention to detail.
- Ability to take leadership and initiative as well as work and problem solve independently. Excellent customer service skills.
- Resourceful and productive under deadlines and ability to work under pressure a must.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Internet Explorer skills required.
- Must be able to work 10 – 15 hours per week; days and time are flexible
- Must be able to commit to 3-4 months
- Must be available for special events and training
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
Additional Internships Available:
- Program Development – September to December
- Event Planning – January to April
Questions please contact Nikki Carelli at 818-654-3360 or email@example.com.